Sunday, February 20, 2011

Strawberry Mango filled birthday cake with Whipped Cream Frosting


I made this cake for my dad's birthday.  I use one of my favorite ultra rich cake recipes from Martha Stewart.com.   The filling I just made up.  I combined chopped fresh strawberries, mango puree, meyer lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch to create this filling.  


Here's my dad eating his first slice.  I had like two and a half slices myself.  It sure was good but very very rich.  I really need to spend some more time in the gym.   


Homemade Whipping Cream Frosting 

4 Cups  Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup  Confectioners Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

Put all ingredients in a bowl and use electric mixer with whisk attachment and beat on medium speed till soft peaks form.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish! Bet your dad enjoyed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, He did and I had to stop myself from eating all the let over whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails