Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Portobello Pizza Recipe



I haven't always been a fan eating mushrooms.  I love the diversity in shapes and sizes, but looking at a mushroom doesn't make me hungry.  I would rather study and sketch them.  Right now I'm more open to eating mushrooms especially if there are health benefits to consuming mushrooms.    I don't mine the texture of  Portobello Mushroom especially when served grilled.  My new favorite mushroom is shiitake but that's another blog post.  I have been adding shiitake mushrooms to almost everything I eat.  This morning I will saute chopped shiitake mushrooms with spinach to make an egg white omelette.   




Portobello Pizza 

  • 2 portobello mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup non fat ricotta cheese
  • 4 slices of a small tomato
  • 1 lg. garlic clove, minced
  • 6 tablespoons fresh mozzarella cheese ( I  did add a little more cheese than this in photo) 
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup frozen or fresh spinach
  • pinch of sea salt
  • freshly ground black pepper 


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Clean the mushrooms and remove the stem.  Place the mushrooms top down on a nonstick baking sheet, and spread 2 tablespoons of ricotta across each mushroom.  Add tomato, garlic and spinach, then top with mozzarella and basil.  Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned.  Season with sea salt and black peeper. 



Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy! And I love portobello mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look amazing. And I love your ceramic art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. I really loved making this dish it was so quick and easy to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this idea - it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails