Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Moist Banana Coconut Lime Cake


I know it's been awhile since my last post.  I've been spending my free time just cleaning up my apt, organizing, and thinking.     I got some good books from the library, so I've been reading and taking a well needed computer break.  The weather cooled down a bit last night so it was a perfect opportunity to bake!  


I love coconut and I 'm currently on a coconut kick.  This recipe uses coconut in four forms, but it not over powering.  The crumb is wonderful, the inside is moist and flavor is so yummy.  Coconut with lime is a wonderful pair.  The banana flavor is light and just adds extra sweetness and moisture.  One of the books I've been reading is The Coconut Oil Miracle (Previously published as The Healing Miracle of Coconut Oil).  I now only use coconut oil to cook with.   That  still doesn't mean I make fried foods with it everyday.  Like my pastor once said  "Anything taken to the extreme is error".  I use it just like I would use any other oil sparingly.   I still love my olive and walnut oil I just will not heat them it up.  The book is a good read, go check it out but first try this recipe.   You will be in love with coconut too!

Banana Coconut Lime Cake

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
  • 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 raw cane sugar
  • 1/2 palm sugar
  • 2/3 cup shredded coconut
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 coconut cream
  • 1/4 cup warm water 
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp lime oil
How to make:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour baking pan.
  2. Mix palm / cane sugars and shredded coconut in a large bowl.  Sift in flour and baking powder to sugar and coconut mixture.
  3. In a separated bowl beat eggs, oil, banana, coconut cream, water, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar.
  4. Stir into dry ingredients, mixing until combined add more warm water if needed.   (batter should thick but loose).  Add lime oil.
  5. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  6. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until golden brown.

Eat for breakfast or instead of a biscuit or cornbread for dinner.  yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails