Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kashi Meatloaf




I'm so happy with how this meatloaf came out.  I bought this box of Kashi 7 whole grain Pilaf a while back and loved it.   I thought it would make a great stuffing or addition to a meatloaf.   I made this meatloaf without the use of one formal recipe,  but  I  did do a quick google search just to get ideas on ingredients and combinations.      


I decided to go with a mix of ground turkey and beef.  I added all the classic meatloaf ingredients like finely chopped carrots, onions, shallots, tomato paste and garlic.  I seasoned with sea salt, coarse black pepper, fresh thyme, sage and spikes salt free seasoning.  I love spikes.  It's a good all purpose savory seasoning. 
    

Here's a close up of the grains.   

What's the yellow side dish in the top photo?  Oh that my root veggie mash.   It's a combo of  Japanese sweet potato, golden beets, and russet potatoes.   I love the color and it taste like regular mash potatoes but just a little sweet.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails