Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tumeric Fried Rice

I came up with this one myself. I was watching Todd English food travel show on PBS ch. 13 today. He was in India in this episode and it was very inspiring all the spices and vegetables. I had some left over rice and I was planning to make a basic soy sauce vegetable fried rice. I changed my mind as I was sauting the garlic, onions carrots and freshly ground ginger. The aroma reminded me that this is a perfect time to use more turmeric. I love tumeric because of it anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer's disease. I try to add tumeric whenever possible along with our wonderful friend garlic. I sauted my spices with the onions, garlic and carrots in peanut oil then I added my leftover rice, scallion, green peas and sea salt to taste. I garnished my plate with more scallion and whole raw cashew nuts from Trader Joes yum!! I ate all the cashews so there was none left for this photo. This recipe is a keeper. It's very simple, taste good and wallet friendly. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails