Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rice Lasagna



I was really happy to find De Boles gluten free rice Lasagna in my health food store. I had to grab two boxes. I ended up only using one box to make mine. I paid about $2.89 a box. The other great thing about this lasagna is that its oven ready so there's no boiling required. I did not use any recipe. I just layer my ingredients ( sauted red peppers, garlic, onion, ricotta, frozen spinach, zucchini, basil, Penzeys pasta sprinkle, fresh parmigiano-reggiano) starting with my sauce then ended pouring more sauce mixed with a little water to cover lasagna.

I've been feeling much better health wise when I eat less gluten containing foods, but not all gluten free foods are good and healthy. A lot are filled with just white rice flour and other starches which turns into sugar in the body, which makes me feel bad too. That's why I like to make a lot of my own stuff. This lasagna is not 100% whole grain, but I try to mix it up with lots of veggies and other whole grains like quinoa and buckwheat. I try my best:-). The hard part is when you need food fast. This rice lasagna taste great! It does not make me feel how wheat based pasta does.
If your trying to eat less gluten foods share a post of your story, great recipes or resources you found helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails