Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strawberry Hemp Quinoa Smoothie

This recipe is a must try!

I'm always looking for creative and tasty ways to add great grains like quinoa in my diet. For this recipe you will need a blender. I use a stick blender which works great with less clean up. I love my stick blender. Use organic strawberries not only because strawberries are treated with very large amounts of pesticides, including fungicides. Organic strawberries taste better and have much more flavor. I bought a pint for $2.99 and I use about half for this recipe. One thing I forgot to measure how much this recipe yields, so if you make it let me know!

Ingredients

1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup chopped strawberries
3 tbsp Agave syrup
1 cup hemp milk (almond or rice milk would be fine)
1 cup water

Place quinoa, strawberries, agave and 1 cup of milk in blender and process until smooth. Add remaining liquid and blend. Chill and serve cold. Try it and share what you think!

Simple, easy, healthy and good......
Enjoy

-Shevon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails