Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cashew Cream Fruit Tarts

Who doesn't love tarts. I was having a small gathering and wanted to make a dessert that was very light, look cute and was easy to serve. I made these tart shells gluten free using brown rice flour. They were baked head of time and later when cooled filled with the the cashew cream. Then topped with sliced fresh Kiwi. I also tried this recipe with papaya and mango. Pineapple or strawberries would be great too! Oh no I'm making myself hungry writing this post. I just love making and as you can see talking about desserts.

Make your own cashew cream.

You will need:
  • 2 cups of whole raw cashews
  • Water just to cover
  • Agave syrup to taste ( I used a little less than a 1/2 a cup)
  • 1 tablespoon really good vanilla extract!
  • Pinch of sea salt
Directions
There are two ways that you can make this. It's mainly about how much time you have.
If you have a lot of time put cashews in a bowl add cold water to cover. Cover your bowl and refrigerate overnight. Then add all other ingredients to food processor.
If you need to pull off a terrific dessert in a hurry. Place cashews in food processor add hot water to cover. Add remaining ingredients. Blend till smooth. If too thick add little more water only if you really need it. Don't forget to taste to make sure it sweet and yummy. Those powerful Vita-Mix blender makes this cashew cream ultra smooth silky. I just used my food processor and I liked the texture. It's done! Now add your cream to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for about 2 hours or until firm.

Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails