Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kale with Raisins and Crispy (Uncured) Turkey Bacon Salad!


I made this cooked kale salad yesterday.  This is how I made it:

 First I put about a little over 1/2 cup of raisins to soak in a cup of warm water.  I cooked the uncured turkey bacon (from Traders Joe's) in a braising pot till it was nice and crispy.   Then I removed it and set it aside for later.  I added a mixture of garlic, a touch of olive oil, smoked sea salt,  fresh black pepper, dried sage and cayenne pepper  to my stone mortar and pestal.  I ground the mixture into a paste.  I then added olive oil to the same pot I cooked the turkey bacon.  I sauted
 the paste in the olive oil then I added the raw kale that a roughly chopped.  Mixed up the kale really good then added some water just about 1/2 cup and placed the lid on the pot.   After the kale was cooked I  let it cool.  I added a dressing made of olive oil and lemon juice, then I added the pump juicy raisins.  At the end I garnished with the chopped turkey bacon and served.  Taste good warm or cold.  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails