Monday, July 19, 2010

Destination Bronx Museum to Juniors Restaurant!


This was my first visit to the Bronx Museum.  I went to see the "Road To Freedom" Exhibition, Photographs of The Civil Rights Movement 1956-1968.  This exhibition was so powerful to me because it showed the nameless people, young and old, black and white that rose up, fought and risked their lives for change. The quality of the black and white images in itself was so beautiful.  It was hard to look at some of the pictures showing the raw reality of that time, but I left this exhibition feeling encouraged to work harder and to use my life to help others.    This is a must see exhibition.   I also saw "After 1968" Exhibition at the Bronx Museum and that was good too!

After about 3 hours in the Museum, it was time for dinner.  I headed back to Brooklyn and ate at "Juniors Restaurant".  This wasn't my restaurant pick, but I really liked Junior's because I used to eat there with my family as a child on special occasions.  It's a landmark for Brooklyn and for me.   I ordered their BBQ chicken, a baked potato and tossed salad.  I was pretty full and I decided it would be best if I just passed on dessert.   Juniors black forest cheesecake is so good but deadly calorie wise.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails