Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Take on Whole Foods Quinoa Salad with Grapes and Cashews.


Who would have thought that quinoa and grapes pairs so well together. The first time I had the quinoa salad I was hooked.   I made mine with lightly sauteed onions instead of raw.  I wanted to take away the  after taste of raw onions because It causes me to want to eat something sweet after.  I'm trying not to have dessert after every meal and definitely not every day.  I used raw cashews instead of roasted.  I was just being lazy.  I should have toasted them it would have brought out the flavor more, but it was still good.  I then tossed the whole thing with olive oil and a touch of apple cider vinegar.   Seasoned with  sea salt and black pepper.  Simple and good! The only thing is I wish I had some chives or at least some parsley to bring more color to this dish.   

How I make Quinoa

  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 cups water

 Rinse grains, place in a pot with the water and bring to a boil.  Stir once, cover pot then reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.

For quinoa recipes and ideas visit:  http://www.cookingquinoa.net
What's your favorite quinoa recipe???

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails