Thursday, October 7, 2010

New York Naturals Kale Chips Review!


I was a little hesitant to purchase these kale chips by New York Naturals at first mainly because of the price tag. Then I thought, I know kale chips are yummy why not! Plus these kale chips are flavored.  I chose the vegan cheese flavor over the spicy miso in the store. 


Well these chips are delicious and I would buy them again! I think it would make a nice foodie gift (hint hint).   The flavor was like a cheez it but lighter and even more yummy.   I found a couple of nice big pieces in the container which was nice because kale chips are very fragile and will crumple easily.   I had no problem eating all the crumbs!


If you never had kale chip before they are surprisingly very good.  I love kale but I could only eat so much cooked as a side but in chip form it's easy to eat so much more.  They are so crispy and paper thin once they are baked.    Kale chips are not difficult to make but it takes time.   I just toss kale in a little olive oil and add sea salt then I lay them out on a lined sheet pan.  I set my oven on the lowest setting until it dries out.  The best way is to use a dehydrator but I don't own one.  Check out this post by fellow blogger Smitten Kitchen for inspiration and ideas!  If you don't have time to make your own try New York Naturals Kale Chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails