Friday, April 1, 2011

The Fat Resistance Diet: Top Superfoods


I have to be honest, I haven't been following the recipes in the book (The Fat Resistance Diet)  word for word.  I learned it's really hard to start anything new during tax time.   I've incorporated the Slim Chai Tea which I drink every morning before breakfast. The Slim Chai Tea is made using green tea, whole cloves, cinnamon and cardamon pods.  I have just been creating meals that have ingredients on the top 40 superfood list provided in the book.  I've been using the recipe in the book as a guide but I think next week I will try to stick to  the detailed menu outlined in the book.
I made Roasted Brussel Sprouts last night with sea salt and olive oil.   I ate the brussel sprouts with a turkey sausage with is not on in the fat resistance program at least for stage one.


Here a list of some of the Top Super Foods listed in the book:

Beverages
  • Blueberry Juice
  • Pomegranate Juice
  • Green Tea

Nuts and seeds (unsalted, not roasted)
  • Almonds
  • Walnuts
  • Flaxseeds

Vegetables
  • Bell peppers
  • Cabbage
  • Leeks
  • Shiitake mushrooms
  • Scallions
  • Onions
  • Spinach

Herbs
  • Ginger
  • Garlic
  • Cinnamon
  • Tumeric
  • Cardamom
  • Basil
  • Black Pepper
Fish
  • Salmon
  • Flounder
Other
  • Egg whites
  • Yogurt (plain, non-fat)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails