Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY Muesli Recipe



When the weather is hot, I like to eat Muesli instead of cooked oatmeal.   Homemade Muesli is very  simple to make.   You really don't need a recipe. You can use pretty much whatever dry fruit and nuts you like or have on hand to raw oatmeal.  Dried dates and chopped pecans are a delicious combo.   Add Chia, flax and hemp seeds for a nutritional boost.  Make a big batch and store it in a jar.  I just make a single serving so that I can change it up everyday if I want.   What going in your muesli? Let me know.  

Ingredients:

1 Cup Whole Rolled Oatmeal 
1/4 Cup Raw Almonds
1/4 Cup Apricots
1/4 Cup Prunes
1/4 Cup Raw Pumpkin seeds ( pepitas)

I added almond milk, honey raspberries to taste.

Also check out my granola recipe here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails