- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, Shelled and deveined
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce ( sold in the Asian food section of grocery stores)
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour ( I used a mix of buckwheat and rice flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, lighty beaten ( flax eggs may work just fine)
- Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- Rough chop the shrimp.
- Shred the sweet potato using a box grater, food processor or mandoline.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, shrimp fish sauce, scallions, pepper, flour, baking powder and egg and mix well with your hands or a spoon. Shape the batter into patties using about 2 tablespoons batter per patty.
- Fill a deep pan about 2 inches deep with oil and heat to 365 degrees. Gently fry shrimp fritters until crisp and golden. Set on paper towels to drain as they are cooked.
Whole plantain baked in its skin w/ tamarind coleslaw
Black eye pea fritters
Crispy fried wings in sweet & zesty sauce
Interpretation of a Senegalese favorite
Crispy spring rolls & sweet mint sauce
Crispy morsels served with tangy sauce
(after you make your own try his and compare!)
Roasted blue fish & root vegetables over red rice
Rack of lamb baked in craft paper w/ plantain
Peanut & vegetables stew over millet couscous
Coconut Rice Pudding with Roasted Mango.