Sunday, April 4, 2010

I'm back! NCECA 2010

I had such a blast at this year's NCECA in Philly "The city of brotherly love". I have lot's of love for Philadelphia and I truly wish I had more time to explore. Overall the ceramic conference was great. I attended the simultaneous demonstration with Kari Radasch and Richard Shaw,
and other lectures discussions. Most of all I enjoyed the fact that I would just walk all over the city to check out numerous galleries that shows ceramic works of art. I felt there was a good representation of functional ceramic work and conceptual art. I must say I'm in love with lorna meaden work even more than before. I saw so much great work in the three nights I spent in this city. I feel so inspired, but at the same time thinking about my own work. I'm asking myself so many questions like: What's next??? What direction do you want to go in? What do you what to express or say with your work right now? I think about how much I love showing contrast in my work dark & light, rough smooth. I think about my own aesthetic and inspiration. I'm also think about that fact that I wish I had more time to make work, not just once a week. Reality sets in, I live in New York City. Everything is so expensive I got to support myself. This part sucks, but there must be a happy medium. Anyhow I plan to use my time more wisely. If I have to push myself to go to studio everyday after work I will. I will be adding my trips pic on my flickr page visit me here.
I was also happy to see that I got a order from my etsy shop while I was away!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails