Friday, July 2, 2010

Fourth of July Baking! Yummy Pies and Tarts

      

I'm trying to get some ideas.  I definitely want to make a tart or  pie for dessert for this weekends barbecue.    I was thinking about making a classic pumpkin or sweet potato pie which I know my family would love but  I haven't made a lemon tart or coconut pie in a while.  Hmm..  It would be nice to have something really different.   I also want to make a dessert that is not too rich.  We got to keep it on the healthy side.   This is what I made last year  Guava glazed Plum and Grape Tart with a Cornmeal Nut Crust.  The crust was pre-baked and the fruit filling is raw and tossed with the hot sticky guava glaze.   I served this with vanilla ice cream.   This is one of the recipes that I came up with that I would like to re-work.   I would like to try filling the tart with tofu cream or cashew cream then  topped with the glazed sauteed or fresh fruit.  

I really need to decide what to make because I got to head out to the store!!!  
I will be also be picking some eggplant,  zucchini and cherry tomatoes to grill.   Toni Fiore offers more ideas for grilling veggies on her website.   Got any ideas for me or anything you would like to see me make.  Let me know.   I'll be sure to post what I come up with.    Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails