Friday, July 23, 2010

Homemade Acai and Blueberry Agave Sweeten Preserves!


Making preserved fruit is pretty easy.  I love Pomona's Universal Pectin because you can make your jam jellies and preserves with any amount of sweetener.  I used agave syrup  and my preserves came out  with just the right amount of sweetness.  I followed the recipe in the packet, which is really simple.   I added Acai berry powder to their recipe for extra antioxidants. Why not??   Blueberries and Acaiberries pairs very well together.  I also made some freezer pops with orange juice, frozen blueberries and acai powder.  I'm all ready thinking about what fruit I should preserve next.  Have any ideas or suggestions  let me know.   I want to do something with watermelon or make a marmalade. hmm...


Have a great weekend!
-Shevon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails