Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Buckwheat Pancakes!



Growing up my family and I always had a big Saturday breakfast.  My mom would prepare grits and fried fish one week.  I would help out and make french toast with sausage the next week. My sister would help out and make saute salmon with onions and garlic.  Breakfast was a collective effort we all had to help prepare or set the table.   So now my Saturday breakfast is not always big but I try to make it special by preparing different foods that I don't have time to make during the week.  I want to share one of my favorite pancake recipes.


Ingredients
  • 1 cup Buckwheat flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 2 Tbsp.  Palm Sugar or use Evaporated Cane Juice
  • 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
  • 1 Egg ( To make it Vegan use an egg replacer made out of flax seeds or any egg replacer.)   Flax egg recipe : 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds and  2 - 3 tablespoon of hot water mix with fork until it turns sort of  a thick egg white consistency.  
  • 1 cup Milk  (I use almond, hemp, rice etc..  Use whatever milk you like, it will work fine!) 
  • 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil 
 Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl then add wet ingredients.  Blend well, make sure no lumps are present.  Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake on hot lightly greased griddle or skillet.

-Enjoy 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, Shevon, these pancakes look really good! Do you eat yours plain or with fruit or syrup?

    I really like the idea of how you and your family used your Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Libby, I like my pancakes with both! I use agave or maple syrup and my favorite is sliced bananas with blueberries. I just took this picture before I hooked it up :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails