Thursday, March 10, 2011

Salmon Croquettes and Healthy Crab Cakes.

I always keep canned salmon and tuna in my kitchen cupboard as a food emergency staple.   My mom taught me that.  Growing up my family and I would eat canned salmon or fried fish most of the time for breakfast on Saturdays.   We ate a lot of canned food back then.  Now of coarse I would rather eat everything fresh,  but when money is low certain canned foods can come in pretty handy. 

I came up with this quick salmon croquettes on a whim.  I used red peppers, onions, paparika, sea salt, pepper and a slurry of arrowroot starch and water to bind it instead of an egg.  I came out pretty tasty and had a good texture. 

 I found this healthy baked crab cake recipe using Alaskan King Crab which looks great from Gen's Guiltless Gourmet.  I think that recipe can be adapted to make an amazing salmon croquettes. Get recipe here.  She even has a vegan crab cake recipe too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails