Monday, April 25, 2011

Amazing Almond Cookies


Hey everyone
I took a week off of writing and cooking during holy week.  I really missed writing but I have now so many new food ideas.  Taking a week off from cooking and blogging really showed me how much I truly love food.   Yes I love to eat, but its more than that.  It's another creative art form for me.  I decided to make something rich, sweet and wholesome for dessert.


This recipe was adapted from Myra Waldo's Chinese Cookbook.  This book was given to me by my friend Diana of Confession Of A Craftaholic several years ago.  This is the first recipe that I have made from this cookbook.  I've changed a few things in the recipe and its a winner.  It's simple, gluten free and made with just 5 ingredients.  Please try it!   If you don't have palm sugar use raw sugar.  I love palm sugar and it worth giving it a try.  I also felt that these cookies needed a little something so I decided to drizzle them with melted chocolate.  This is of course optional but it definitely makes a prettier and great tasting wholesome cookie.  



Almond Cookies

1 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 cup Palm Sugar
2 cups Finely Ground Blanched Almonds + some whole almonds for the tops.
6 tablespoons Soft Butter
1 tablespoon Ice Water 

(Optional Semi Sweet Chocolate)

Sift the brown rice flour and palm sugar into a bowl.  Stir in the ground almonds. Work in the butter by hand.  Mix in the ice water.  Break off pieces of dough about the size of a tablespoon and form into small round shapes.  Arrange on parchment paper at 1 inch intervals.  Flatten balls slightly and put an almond in the center of each. Bake  in  a 350 oven  for about 10 minutes, or until delicately browned.  Let cookies cool and drizzle with melted chocolate. yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails