Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oh No!


I had my heart set on making chappati today.  Chappati is an Indian style grilled flat bread also called roti in other cultures  I went to a store on 28th st. which will remain nameless to buy chapati flour and a tawa  (a flat pan).  When I got home to start making the bread.   The bag of flour had what my mom calls "weevils" which are little black bugs.   Damn it!
The chappati flour only cost me 5 bucks plus subway fare but still.  Well that's not all.   I was not going to let those weevils win, I was going to make bread away.  When I have my heart set on something it's really hard for me to shake it.   Plus there was only a few weevils so I decided to just sift them out but when I did that I discovered alive and dead white worms, a mung bean and a moth flew out the bag and was flying around my apt.    ok I will not be making bread today.  The weevils wins!  I thought briefly about taking a photo of the bugs and the mess I made in the kitchen but I was too upset, disgusted and mainly disappointed.   I'm going to travel to Jackson Height Queens tommorow to shop at  Patel Brothers a popular Indian supermarket.  I have never been there, but heard good things about it.  I'll let you know how that goes.    

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sorry to hear about the weevils, but at least you have some more options for shopping. Good luck on your next "chappati flour buying" experience. I can't wait to see/read more about this chappati. What will you serve it with?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails