Friday, July 15, 2011

Teff Pancakes with Strawberries and Figs


If you have been reading my blog for a while you know I love Teff flour.   I especially love to add it to pancakes and waffles.    I made these pancakes thinner than normal, almost to make it crepe like.   I wanted to make something in between.   I wanted to be able to rip off a piece of pancake with my fingers and stuff it with pieces of chopped strawberries.    


I was really excited to see fresh figs in the supermarket so  had to pick up a carton. This was a great breakfast/ lunch.   
If you would like to make this use my Teff  Sourdough waffles recipe you don't even have to use the flax eggs or oil.   If you don't have a starter just follow a basic pancake recipe and add a little teff flour instead of the regular flour.   Enjoy! 





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails